Marucci CAT 8 Connect 2-5/8" BBCOR Bat -3oz (2020)
Connect with amazing savings!
NOTE: As of Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, this bat does not meet NCAA Baseball playing rules (see below).
MAD MAX says:
The Marucci CAT8 Connect 2-5/8" BBCOR bat (-3oz) for 2019 is truly the cat’s meow this season. This bat is BBCOR approved, but we still recommend that you receive player approval from your local league before making your purchase today. The CAT8 Connect is a two-piece hybrid bat featuring a power-loaded barrel built with Marucci’s AZ105 super strength aluminum alloy. The patent-pending connection piece stiffens the handle to reduce vibrations for the smoothest possible swing. This bat is full of innovative technology like the Extended Shock Dissipating Connection to further dismiss unwanted vibrations. We personally love the ring-free barrel construction that allows the barrel to flex and increases performance without dead spots. We recommend this bat for those who like hitting a bat with an end-loaded feel. The carbon composite handle is professionally inspired and features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort. Micro-perforated soft-touch grip has extra tack to improve the overall feel. If that wasn’t enough, the multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot! The CAT8 also looks cool, too, with a colorway of red, white, and gray. Connect with amazing savings and order yours today from CloseoutBats.
NOTE: As of Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, this bat does not meet NCAA Baseball playing rules.
This bat does not meet NCAA Baseball playing rule, Rule 1.12.b.7, requiring that the baseball bat barrel color between the 18-inch mark and the end cap (the hitting area) must be a color(s) that is predominantly contrasting to the color of the baseball.
Please direct any questions about specific bat models to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Power hitters love the end-loaded feel and ultra-responsive barrel of the CAT8 Connect, a two-piece hybrid bat featuring a power-loaded barrel built with AZ105 super-strength aluminum alloy. The patent-pending SDX EXT connection increases stiffness to maintain energy transfer to the ball, while also dismissing negative vibrations to the hands, resulting in maximum power and minimum sting.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum in the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate, and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- SDX EXT, Extended Shock Dissipating Connection, increases stiffness to maintain energy transfer to the ball, while also dismissing all harsh, unwanted vibrations from players’ hands
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Power-loaded barrel results in a higher M.O.I. and end-loaded feel for effortless power
- Two-piece hybrid design combines a carbon composite handle with the AZ105 alloy barrel for maximum power
- Professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
Marucci CAT 8 Connect 2-5/8" BBCOR Bat MCBCC8 -3oz (2020)
BBCOR Certified Baseball Bat
The BBCOR formula provides a better measure of the bat's performance and therefore allows the rules committee and bat testing laboratories to better predict field performance based on lab tests. The goal is that non-wood bats that meet this new standard will perform similarly to wood bats. All BBCOR bats will incorporate a logo mark once certification approval is granted. This mark will be consistent across every approved bat design so umpires will easily identify approved bats.