Marucci CAT8 2-3/4" Big Barrel USSSA Bat -5oz (2020)
Stronger alloy. Faster swing speeds. More forgiveness.
MAD MAX says:
The CAT8 has finally found its way home to CloseoutBats. The successor to the wildly popular CAT7, the CAT8 is everything you know and love about the CAT7 but with several improvements. This bat still has a multi-variable wall design that allows it to have one of the largest sweet spots we have ever seen on an alloy bat. Marucci has spent many years of engineering, testing, and research to bring you quite possibly the best single-piece alloy bat we have ever seen to date. With their AZ105 alloy, Marucci was able to make the walls of this bat extremely thin, which creates a trampoline effect when hitting the ball. Marucci is committed to delivering new bats that are more than just a new paint job. If you were to cut this bat down the middle, you would see 8 rings through the barrel while the CAT7 only had 7 of these rings. With these 8 rings, the bat has a larger sweet spot and fewer problems when a ball is hit off-center. Also new for the CAT8, there is a 2nd generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob. There have been people who have only used 2-piece bats their entire life but swing this and say they feel even less vibration thanks to this new knob. This drop-5 is a great option for that 7th- or 8th-grader that wants to get used to swinging a bigger bat before high school. To put the cherry on top, this bat is one of the best-looking bats I have ever seen and also comes with their micro-perforated soft-touch grip, which gives great tack and comfort. Watch out because this CAT just 8 up the competition!
The CAT8 is precision-balanced to control this one-piece alloy’s strength and speed. It is a one-piece alloy bat built with AZ105 super strength aluminum alloy meaning thinner walls, higher response rate, and better durability. The precision-balanced barrel features a ring-free multi-variable wall design that creates an expanded sweet spot, while the patented AV2 Anti-Vibration knob produces a better feel and less negative vibrational feedback.
- AZ105 alloy, the strongest aluminum on the Marucci bat line, allows for thinner barrel walls, a higher response rate, and better durability
- Multi-variable wall design creates an expanded sweet spot and thinner barrel walls that are more forgiving after off-centered contact
- 2nd Generation AV2 Anti-Vibration knob features an upgraded, finely tuned harmonic dampening system for better feel and less negative vibrational feedback
- Ring-free barrel construction allows for more barrel flex and increases performance with no "dead" spots
- Precision-balanced barrel results in a lower M.O.I. and balanced feel for precision and control
- One-piece alloy construction provides a clean, consistent, traditional swing
- Professionally inspired handle features a removable taper and an ergonomic knob shape for more top-hand control and comfort
- Micro-perforated soft-touch grip with extra tack improves feel and control
Marucci CAT8 2-3/4" Big Barrel USSSA Bat MSBC85 -5oz (2020)